On Salad: Two Points of Interest

So to all of you who eat fresh produce; Wash! Wash! Wash! before eating. I more than urge you to do this simply because today I found a dead fly on my lettuce after removing it from its plastic packaging.

Also, how many of you knew that Caesar salad was my favorite salad dressing until just a few days ago? Oh yes, it was, (ok so it still mostly is,) but I certainly got the shock of my life when a former culinary art student informed me that the black specks in the dressing are not pepper, but are in fact, ground up anchovies. At first I believed he was simply trying to trick or disgust me, but no, I checked my personal stash at home and sure enough, the 8th ingredient is anchovies. This is another example of how it proves wise to Read before eating as well.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Anchovies, eh? I would have never thought...
I too love me some ceasar salad. I don't think I will stop loving it, but I might try to avoid the black spots. (Yeah right!)