All Hallows Eve

So, as planned, On Halloween night, we went to the NaNoWriMo Insanity All-Night Write-In (we didn't come up with the name). It was at this cool little independent book store in Boise. So we got all dressed up (an event in itself) and headed out.

Dani went as an environmentally friendly fairy. She made this entire costume out of grocery sacks (to be recycled later, of course):

fairy

I like my costumes to be a bit more on the traditionally scary side. I tore some holes, spilled some blood of the innocent, sliced a gash in my face, and went for the zombie look. Zombies are very in right now:

zombie2

When we arrived at the party, we had missed most of the get-to-know-you games. That's good, neither Dani or myself liked kindergarten the first time. When midnight hit, we started writing. Two hours straight. As the name might imply, it was insanity.

kiss

Afterward, we hit up Merrit's country cafe for a world famous scone. The place was filled with the usual creepy Merrit's folk, only...you know...dressed up as horrifying ghouls and such. We downed a cinnamon sugar scone, and headed home. It wasn't much, but it's nice to be out sometimes and remember that we're not quite in our sixties yet.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Fun costumes! I especially like Dani's. (Sorry Luke!) I really like your hair too, Dani.
Good luck with your writing!

Luke said...

Everybody likes Dani's everything more. That's okay. I've gotten used to it.

Melanie said...

Well maybe if your zombie costume was made out of grocery bags, I would have liked yours better. Especially if you had wings. :)

Always, Lexi... said...

Dearest Dani and Luke!
I saw your all Hallow's Eve pictures and truly, it sparked tears to my eye... (I'm not sure why, it might've had to do with the fact that I miss you both very much and also how my sister manages to look like the most beautiful girl even when dressed up Walmart grocery bags and that fact that she's loved by someone who makes her so so so happy)....Thank you for making my day. Always, your lil sis. Lecky-Lou