Absolutely necessary

Yet again I've let technology get the best of me. I'm horribly behind on this blog. Let's see, here is a line by line update of our life in the past few months.

* Madeline turned 3 on the 18th of January !!! All day she asked when it was going to be her birthday. I think what she meant was, "If this is my birthday, where are my presents?"

*The very same day, Luke got laid off due to a significant decreased work load in his department. Shock, shock, shock. (Don't worry we've recovered nicely.)

* Two weeks later, I got a call from THE SILVERSTONE LIBRARY, the newest branch in Meridian, about an available position. Of course I responded with glee and amazement at the timing. I interviewed and waited a day for their decision.

I got it!!! I am now a library assistant 1. The work is perfect for me in amazing ways.
Good hours. Fantastic fellow staff. A daily sense of accomplishment and usefulness. Nice wages. A break from the house duties, (and a super husband who helps pick up the slack while I'm out.) I get to work with books and people at the same time, all while meeting a crucial community need, encouraging the love for learning. I love it!

*The only downside I can see is the significant reduction of time for crochet. But I get my crochet kicks in on my three days off. I have made since Christmas; one finished belt and two almost finished belts, a granny square scarf, two pairs of granny square slippers, a phone case, four hats, four headbands, and some flower adornments for one of my tank tops which will be sewed on sometime in the future. I'll talk to Luke about getting some pictures up here.

And now for a few cute side note.

I offer this as proof that he spends his time with nerd parents. On the way home the other night, Noah was imagining and wondering out loud what it would be like if there was a world made of books. According to him all the people would be made of books, including their feet and their shoes, and their hair, and they would eat books, and take book showers, and drive in book cars on book roads, and the clouds would send down books instead of rain. He was thrilled just thinking about it. We certainly encouraged him. As a final note to make it over the top cool he said, "And transformers would be real." There you have it.

1 comments:

Tae-n-Meliss said...

How cute Dani!! I'm so excited that you git your job!! Great for you!I hope you are all doing well tell Luke hello and you guys take care!!