Better than I can, pt. 2

For the last two weeks, I've been working on a short story titled Hardboiled, in order to enter the Prose for Papa contest run by the Ernest Hemingway festival in Sun Valley. Well, on Friday, one day before the submission deadline, I decided that the story was no good, and I, being insane and all, decided to write another one.

Goal: At least 2,000 words in 12 hours.
Secondary Goal: Sleep for 8 of them.

After 30 or so Child Distraction Missions by Dani on Saturday morning, and lots of apple juice and stress, I'm proud to report that the story was completed.

The finished story is called The Big Time, and is 2,125 words long. It isn't good enough to win, it's not even good enough to place, and the version I submitted was essentially a rough draft considering the time limit (Dani! Come upstairs and read this! We have approximately 13 minutes to proofread and make edits!), but even so, I'm proud.

If you'd like to read it, please ask.

2 comments:

Brittany AKA Britters said...

I would love to read it! Please send it my way.

Anonymous said...

please send me your story! Love Mom